|Series 5, Episode 1|
|Broadcast date||3 February 2013|
|Written by||Toby Whithouse|
|Directed by||Philip John|
"The War Child"
"Sticks and Rope"
The Trinity is the first episode of Series 5, and was first aired on 3rd February 2013. This is the first episode in the series to not feature any of the original characters (Annie, George, Mitchell), and subsequently the formation of a new Supernatural Trinity.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Ghost Alex is adjusting to life after death with werewolf Tom but vampire Hal is in hell. Not because he’s chained up like an animal, but because he’s desperate to get his marigolds on the messy house.
But when Tom and Alex decide to set him free, Hal’s wracked by uncertainty…can he control his bloodlust? Things get complicated with the return of Mr Rook, the shady figure whose government department protects the world from supernaturals.
Having been fired from the café, Hal and Tom find new employment at the Barry Grand Hotel, home to poisonous pensioner Captain Hatch (Phil Davis). Unknown to our trio, his decrepit exterior hides an ancient evil that threatens not only their friendship but also the entire world.
Music[edit | edit source]
Aside from Richard Wells' original score, this episode features the following songs:
- Death Proof, by Kate Nash (2012) - playing on the soundtrack as Alex sniffs various jars and attempts to eat some chocolate.
- Ça plane pour moi, by Plastic Bertrand, single (1977) - playing on the soundtrack as Hal chases Crumb.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Lady Catherine: "If this is a trick, I shall plunge this [stake] into your calcified heart."
- Hal: "And you wonder why you're single."
- Lady Catherine: [during the ritual] "Not scared are you, Lord Hal?
- Hal: "Hardly. I've met your mother."
- Crumb: "You're going to bum me now?!"
- Hal: "I have no intention of bumming you."
- Lady Catherine: [to Emil] "How did you die?"
- Emil: "I had to be silenced, I knew too much."
- Hal: "He fell out of a tree, trying to see into his sister-in-law's bathroom."
- Crumb: "I've never hurt anyone in my life. I have pets, I keep newts. Oh God, my newts!"
- Patsy: [Hal walks into hotel] "Hot...it's very hot in here."
- Patsy: [interviewing Hal] "Have you any experience working in the hotel trade?"
- Hal: "Well, I've stayed at the Savoy, and-
- Patsy: "Brilliant! You're in!"
- [Patsy walks away]
- Alex: "Well someone's clearly taken a shine to our Hal."
- Tom: "That was your interview? Mine had a general knowledge round."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Being Human BBC Episodes|